AI Platforms like Chat GPT: Best Options for Enterprises
ChatGPT is powerful, but for enterprises that need generative AI solutions, ChatGPT has severe limitations. Among AI platforms like Chat GPT, you can upload proprietary knowledge to Gleen AI. And, most importantly, Gleen AI doesn't hallucinate.
Chat GPT may have drawn considerable attention in the Generative AI field. Its ability to generate human-like text has intrigued practically all enterprises.
Generative AI platforms like Chat GPT are artificial intelligence that can generate text, images, and other media. It learns the structure and patterns of data keyed in the platform.
Despite its remarkable capabilities, Chat GPT might not always be the most suitable for enterprise use.
In particular, they are not reliable in addressing real-time questions from employees using proprietary data.
This is where Gleen AI excels.
Gleen AI offers a unique AI solution that echoes the impressive functionalities of platforms like Chat GPT but with a focus tailored to enterprise needs.
This blog will now delve into the world of ChatGPT, its usefulness, its setbacks, and how Gleen AI is better than Chat GPT.
What is Chat GPT?
ChatGPT is a chatbot created and maintained by Open AI. ChatGPT has a simple user user interface where users can enter text into an input box, and Chat GPT will respond.
How does Chat GPT Work?
ChatGPT works in tandem with OpenAI's Large Language Models (LLMs), either GPT-3.5 for ChatGPT or GPT-4 for ChatGPT Plus.
LLMs are advanced artificial intelligence models called neural networks. Open AI LLMs have trained on an extremely large amount of text on the internet.
As a result of this training, LLMs can enable computers to:
- Understand the meaning of virtually any text or query provided to the LLM
- Predict the next most probable word in a conversation. The LLM can generate a response that is highly relevant to the original query and grammatically correct.
The combination of (1) and (2) above enable ChatGPT to have seemingly life-like "conversations" with end users.
ChatGPT works in coordination with its underlying LLM in the following way:
- ChatGPT accepts the user input or query and saves it
- ChatGPT sends the user input to the underlying LLM
- The LLM processes the query to understand it
- The LLM sends a response back to ChatGPT
- ChatGPT both displays the response to the end user and saves the response to the end user.
- When the end user provides another statement or query, ChatGPT sends the new statement/query back to the LLM. In addition, ChatGPT sends all previous statements in the conversation (provided by both the LLM and the user) back to the LLM. This allows the LLM to maintain conversation context. Otherwise, the LLM might repeat the same answer over and over.
Why is Chat GPT powerful?
- Anyone can use ChatGPT, and they don't need extensive instructions to use ChatGPT. Users can simply type anything into ChatGPT, and ChatGPT responds.
- It can respond to any user query, mirroring a real-life conversation's dynamism and fluidity.
- It can detect different languages and respond in those languages.
- Chat GPT can do more than just respond to simply questions. It can also write longer response. For example, it can help a user draft an email or a customer support document from an outline.
- The AI can produce text that is professional, contextually appropriate, and grammatically correct, saving users time and effort.
- Chat GPT can help proof-read existing documents, offering suggestions and corrections to enhance writing.
Chat GPT's Recent News and Updates
Chat GPT has been making significant strides in evolving its language model capabilities.
OpenAI has announced improvements in understanding and interpreting complex instructions.
Below are some recent updates to ChatGPT:
ChatGPT with Voice Features
ChatGPT has expanded its reach by making the voice feature available to all users. It allows users to initiate conversations simply by tapping the headphones icon in the app.
Newer Custom GPTs
In November of 2023, OpenAI announced the ability for users to create custom versions of ChatGPT.
- Users can create custom instruction for GPTs.
- Users are able to upload documents to a GPT, to supplement ChatGPT's knowledge.
- Users can also enable the GPT to perform specific actions by integrating the GPT with an external API.
- Users can keep GPTs private, share them within their organization, or publish/sell them on a public GPT Store.
DALL·E 3 Beta Rollout
ChatGPT has now integrated DALL·E 3. This enables the user to enter text prompts to create images. Both web and mobile versions of ChatGPT will have Dall·E 3.
Drawbacks of Chat GPT for Enterprise Use
Chat GPT is a powerful AI program. It does, however, have severe limitations with respect to enterprise use.
Here are some potential downsides:
OpenAI stores every interaction created by an employee with Chat GPT.
This means that OpenAI could potentially use any confidential questions asked by employees for training purposes.
Limited Access to Proprietary Data
Open AI trained Chat GPT's underlying LLMs on public data from the entire internet.
It doesn't have access to any company-specific data. So, its answers are extremely general and lack specific relevance to certain enterprise scenarios.
The Hallucination Problem
Chat GPT and its underlying LLMs have a propensity to "hallucinate."
What this means is, it generates false but convincing responses.
This can be problematic in a business context, for reliability and factual information are necessary.
For example, assume an employee asks about a new product and Chat GPT provides a fake launch date. The response could create significant disruption across the enterprise.
Alternatives to Chat GPT: An Evaluation
Open AI has developed alternatives to Chat GPT, each with its own characteristics and potential drawbacks.
Chat GPT Enterprise
Open AI sells Chat GPT Enterprise to corporations. This version serves as a private iteration of Chat GPT.
Open AI treats all queries entered into Chat GPT Enterprise as confidential. It does not leverage these questions to train its models.
However, Chat GPT Enterprise still has several limitations.
Primarily, public data still powers Chat GPT Enterprise and its underlying LLMs. As a result, Chat GPT Enterprise will still only be able to provide answers based on public knowledge. It cannot provide responses based on private enterprise knowledge.
In addition, the issue of hallucination remains unresolved.
As described above, Open AI announced GPTs, or customized versions of ChatGPT.
This step aims to make ChatGPT more tailored to specific needs and applications.
However, these custom GPTs are not without their limitations:
- The persistent issue of "hallucination" continues to be a problem where the GPT generates creative but false responses.
- The volume of data that can be uploaded to a GPT is limited.
- The potential for GPTs to leak underlying data to the public may compromise data security.
These limitations make GPTs a non-starter for any serious enterprise.
A Better Gen AI Alternative: Gleen AI
Gleen AI is an AI platform like Chat GPT.
Gleen AI is a leading alternative when considering the future of generative AI in the enterprise.
Gleen AI operates through a conversational interface like Chat GPT and other top AI platforms like chat GPT. It provides a user-friendly experience that feels both natural and intuitive.
Gleen AI is compatible with:
- LLMs like GPT-3.5 and GPT-4
- Other leading LLMs from Llama and Anthropic
- Leading service desks like Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce, and Hubspot
- Customer success channels like email, live chat, Slack, and Discord
Gleen AI distinct features
- The ability for enterprises to upload an almost unlimited amount of proprietary knowledge
- The ability to enterprises to keep that proprietary knowledge secure and confidential
- No hallucination
Comparing Gleen AI and Chat GPT
Gleen AI and Chat GPT share the functionality:
- Conversational Interface that is user-friendly and designed to mimic human interaction, facilitating effortless communication.
- Both are compatible with GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 LLM to generate high-quality and efficient responses.
- Gleen AI and Chat GPT have the ability to detect and respond in foreign languages.
How GleenAI is Better than Chat GPT (and other Open AI solutions)
Gleen AI outshines Chat GPT and other Open AI solutions in several ways.
Unlike with Chat GPT, with Gleen AI, you can:
- Customize the chatbot to match your the brand's tone or personality
- Upload your own knowledge base, such as wikis, product documents, discussion boards, and resolved help desk tickets.
- Get company-specific responses, as opposed to general responses found on the internet.
- Trust Gleen to keep your data secure and compliant, as Gleen is obtaining its SOC 2 Type 2 compliance
- Trust the accuracy of responses, because Gleen AI does not hallucinate unlike other AI platforms like Chat GPT
Aside from those, Gleen AI is a generative AI that:
- Enables an efficient escalation process, routing inquiries to live representatives during working hours and to email post-business hours.
- Integrates with other enterprise systems, including CRM and order management systems.
- Can personalize interactions based on CRM data and take actions on customers' behalf, extending their ability to self-serve.
- Can be cloned. With Gleen AI Bot Profiles, you can deploy multiple Gleen AI chatbots. Each chatbot's knowledge can be tailored to a specific audience or customer segment.
Chat GPT has captured the imagination of many enterprises.
But its lack of support for proprietary enterprise knowledge and tendency to hallucinate are deal-breakers for many enterprises. Enterprises need an AI platform like ChatGPT, but without ChatGPT's limitations.
Enterprises need non-hallucinating generative AI that uses their own proprietary knowledge. Among the best AI platforms like ChatGPT, Gleen AI is the clear leader.